Questa è una delle cose che mi piace fare - disegnare sulle unghie! Vi presento le mie creazioni...
Ovo je jedna od stvari koje volim da radim - oslikavanje noktiju! Predstavljam vam moje kreacije...
This is one of the things I enjoy doing - nail painting! I present to you my creations...

03 September, 2012

Melting drawer cabinet

When I started this manicure, I didn't really have the exact idea of how I wanted it to look at the end, I just wanted to play a little bit... 
I put this beautiful Bottega Verde Pearly Copper nail polish on my nails and decided to draw some lines with black acrylic colour... :-) 
Then it seemed to me that I should fill the spaces between the lines, and I did it with creamy acrylic colour... 
But somehow I "missed" something, so I decided to draw some dots with the same colour that I used for the base colour... And only then I was happy with this manicure :-) 
The only problem was to find out what it represents and to find a proper name for it :-) 
I remembered some paintings of Salvador Dalí, with his famous melting clocks, and I started to see a kind of melting drawer cabinet on my nails... so this is how this manicure got its name :-) What do you think about the name and about the manicure?

P.S. of course, this melting drawer cabinet is full of nail polishes... :-) 

Bottega Verde 113415 Pearly Copper
Acrylic colours
NYC n° 138 Classy Glassy top coat








24 comments:

  1. krasan ti je lakić u podlozi *.*
    kao dalijevoj obožavateljici ne smeta mi što kradeš njegove ideje ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) jadnicak, mora da se prevrce u grobu kad vidi ovaj nazovi istopljeni ormaric... :-)

      Delete
    2. ma neće, samo će još malo izbečit oči i ufitiljit brkove ahahahaha
      moram ti priznat da mi je posjet njegovom muzeju bio jedno od najluđih iskustava ikad, čovik je zabavniji nego luna park :-D

      Delete
    3. I ja sam uspela da posetim jednu izlozbu njegovih dela, sasvim slucajno, to je bilo pre skoro 10 godina u Londonu, tada smo se moj muz i ja nalazili na "medenom mesecu" (4 dana u Parizu i 4 dana u Londonu); tog dana smo predvideli 100 drugih stvari za obici i videti, a kad smo videli Dalijevu izlozbu jednostavno nismo imali izbora: usli smo i gotovo, taj dan je bio posvecen njemu... :-)

      Delete
  2. The design on each nail is perfect, your quit amazing and very skilled when it comes to free hand designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! :-) Drawing with acrylic colours is soooo much easier than drawing with nail polishes... that is the secret :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, and a steady hand is important too :)

      Delete
  3. nisam bas neki ljubitelj smedje, a da nisi dodala ove tockice bili bi ko neki zubici :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Srecom nisu zubici, inace bi im ove tackice bile karijes... :-)

      Delete
  4. haha i love this, specially since the drawer is full of polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Oh, yes, it would be so nice to have it like that! :-)

      Delete
  5. Ideja za poimenovanje te manikure ti je odlična! =)) Tudi jaz sem bila v Dalijevem muzeju v Španiji na maturantskem izletu in takrat se nam je vsem zdelo: "Ma joooj, mi bi žurali, kaj nas vozijo v muzeje??" No, na koncu pa nas niso dobili ven, tako smo bili navdušeni. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...! Mislim da su i nas dvoje isterali sa Dalijeve izlozbe u Londonu par minuta pre zatvaranja muzeja!!! :-)

      Delete
  6. I don't know why, but I see a piano here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be! :-) But from the moment I start seeing melting drawer cabinet I new I was going to call it like that! :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi! Your mani inspired my on my current challenge day. Not the same as yours, but you were the inspiration and I noted you and linked to your blog! Thx, you do beautiful work!
    http://glam-madam.blogspot.co.nz/2013/11/26-33-crumpets-33dc-pinterest-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment, but I don't like spamming or link dropping. Please do not link your blog: I always check from your profile! If you want me to read a post of yours or visit your website send me an email (see the contact tab above). Thank you :-)